The last sovereign ruler and first woman ruler of Hawaii, Queen Liliuokalani, was born on this day in 1838. By the time she took the throne in 1891, a new constitution had stripped most of the monarchy's power in favor of wealthy American businessmen. After she attempted to restore power to the monarchy and give voting rights to native Hawaiians, the U.S. military deposed her in a 1893 coup and then eventually annexed Hawaii despite the Queen's protests.
- If you’re looking for a way to get away without the hassle of planes, hotels and an exorbitant travel budget, a recreation vehicle may be …Read More »
- From your own hometown to the far reaches of the globe, there are thousands of destinations just waiting to be discovered by adventurous souls. Satisfying …Read More »
- A family road trip can bring on a strong sense of nostalgia. Although much has likely changed since you embarked on your first journey as …Read More »
- Contrary to what some may think, the hurricanes in September had little to no impact on the vast majority of the Caribbean – a far-reaching …Read More »
- (Family Features) For most families, the holidays are filled with time-honored traditions, many that have been passed down from one generation to the next. However, …Read More »